EBSCO can be found in a wide range of industries. All together, we are more than 20 diverse companies employing nearly 6000 people worldwide.
Within the hunting industry, Moultrie is at once an iconic and progressive brand (www.moultriefeeders.com). Founded by Dan Moultrie in 1979, Moultrie has maintained the leading market-share position in both the trail camera and deer feeder product categories for most of its history. Moultrie is part of PRADCO Outdoor Brands (www.pradcooutdoorbrands.com), a leading manufacturer and marketer of major hunting and fishing products. Hunting brands include: Moultrie, Summit, Knight & Hale and Code Blue. Fishing brands include more than 20 brands, including Rebel, YUM, Booyah, Lindy and Bomber Saltwater Grade. POB is a division of EBSCO Industries, Inc. (www.ebscoind.com), a privately held, family owned, diversified company based in Birmingham, AL. As a member of the EBSCO family of companies, PRADCO team members participate in a selection of outstanding benefits, including: EBSCO Profit Sharing Trust, Excellent Medical/Dental/Drug/Vision benefits, and many other benefits.
PRADCO Outdoor Brands is looking to add a Software Developer to its team. This position will be focused on implementing new features and creating solutions for the Moultrie Mobile platform, as well as other hunting division software projects. The Software Developer is accountable for implementing improvements based on best practices in a manner that is maintainable, testable, and works within the continuous delivery pipeline. He or she will develop a mastery of the architecture and design improvements as the system evolves. As a “high confidence, low ego” team player, the Software Developer will work cross-functionally with Product Development, Engineering, Customer Service, Marketing, Operations and Sales Teams to ensure the completion of visions and timelines set by the business. He or she will aggressively grow the business by thoroughly understanding the marketplace and competition, and by developing products that address consumer needs and staying abreast of the latest software trends.
Software Development (50%)
- Demonstrate highly effective approaches to object-oriented software development based on industry best practices
- Design, build and maintain capable, reusable, secure, and testable code
- Create programming documentation and maintain existing documentation
- Ensure the definition of done and other quality gates for the product(s) are being met
- Identify and drive the resolution of weak or flawed approaches to software development
- Unit testing
Backlog Refinement and Sprint Preparation/Grooming (15%)
- Promote the values and principles of Agile and Lean
- Effectively manage expectations related to estimates and delivery timeframes
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with management, product owners, stakeholders, and external partners
- Gather requirements and help ensure alignment between business stakeholders and the development team
Ongoing Product Management/Maintenance (15%)
- Provide support, maintenance, and improvements to existing systems
Integration Testing (10%)
- Cross platform UX Testing including browser, iOS, Android, etc.
Research and Design (10%) – Research and document new features or system improvements.
- Research and assess programming related advances and items
- Designing database structures to fulfill application data requirements
- System Architecture Diagrams
- UX Mockups
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or related field (in lieu of degree we will consider candidates with 3-5 years of professional work experience)
- 2+ years’ experience:
- in a software development role
- developing ASP.Net applications
- .NET framework experience using C#
- SQL Server 2008+ experience
- Passion for and demonstrated experience developing well-engineered software products
- Experience with high use, highly scalable web applications
- Experienced in creating restful services
- Exposure to .Net 4.5+ and Visual Studio 2015+
- Knowledge of common design patterns (Inversion of Control, Dependency Injection, etc.)
- Entity Framework
- Visual Studio Team Services
- Source control practices
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Xamarin Development
- Experience with Angular
- Agile methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.