Website Bham Now/The Bama Buzz
Bham Now/The Bama Buzz
Social Media Intern–Summer
Paid. No benefits.
Juniors, Seniors and Graduate Students
Send resumes to email@example.com
Bham Now is Birmingham’s modern, mobile media and we’re on a mission to create a smarter, happier, healthier, inspired, involved and prosperous Birmingham. The Bama Buzz has a similar mission but is state-wide.
We’re looking for dynamic content interns in Birmingham and Auburn who love all things social media—from putting together fun TikToks to visual Instagram posts to writing Tweets.
Are you the kind of person who loves learning about all that’s happening, whether it’s the latest restaurant opening, the coolest place to go next weekend, or what new businesses are coming to town?
If so, here’s what we’ll need you to have to be the right fit for us:
- Mad writing skills – you can turn even the most drab thing into engaging copy + you know what works best on different platforms.
- You’re professional in your communication and demeanor – you communicate with confidence. You do what you say you’ll do. You follow up and respect the time of others.
- You’re organized, efficient + a go-getter – yep, you know how to manage your time to get. things. done. on. time.
- You + your camera are BFFs – even if it’s just on your phone, you’ve spent some time practicing how to frame that perfect shot, create the best Instagram or TikTok stories and + you keep your eyes are open for things to capture.
The social media internship will involve, but is not limited to;
- Taking photos + videos for different social accounts (no need to have a fancy camera setup—your iPhone + skills will work perfectly).
- Writing copy for various platforms, including Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook + more.
- Putting together & editing short videos such as Reels & TikToks.
- Occasionally writing stories using WordPress.
- Covering events such as grand openings, client events + more.
You must have your own transportation in Birmingham or Auburn. You must have a laptop and cell phone.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bham Now is an equal opportunity employer.