Website ServisFirst Bank
At ServisFirst, Our Name is Our Mission.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing functional network infrastructure and security, providing first and second level technical support to all internal clients/employees. The position monitors, troubleshoots, and diagnoses network performance, confidentiality, integrity and availability.
The incumbent will:
- Analyze system techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications
- Provide excellent customer service on the phone, in written format and in person with the ability to patiently and politely deal with varying customer skill levels
- Utilize the ticketing system and provide detailed status and case notes for all issues handled directly; properly route all problems requiring escalation
- Maintain a customer-service oriented atmosphere for the Helpdesk
- Ensure prompt responses, effective communication and delivery of solutions for reported issues
- Create department documentation and recommend procedural changes to proactively increase system performance and increase efficiency.
- Manage Active Directory group policy and user permissions.
- Manage IT hardware and software inventory
- Manage and maintain email filtering with Office 365 platform.
- Configure, install and troubleshoot network endpoints including PCs, server, switches and routers.
- Monitor and respond to system and security events and escalate as needed
- Keep systems updated with the latest patches
- Create and maintain computer/software images, ensuring rapid deployment of up-to-date PC builds for desktops and laptop systems
- Troubleshoot network connectivity problems
- Develop and maintain knowledge of system information changes and updates
- Perform system backups and monitor the integrity of the backups.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Note: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable otherwise qualified associates/applicants with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Associate’s degree (AA) in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent
- Two (2) years of related experience
- Microsoft and Network certifications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Microsoft Networks and Corporate wired/wireless LANs
- Experience implementing, maintaining and supporting Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Technical experience configuring and supporting desktops, laptops, printers, servers and related equipment
- Demonstrated ability dealing with and resolving complex technical issues with customers in real time
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills as demonstrated in previous support role working directly with customers
- Previous banking experience a plus
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The physical requirements and environmental conditions of this position consist primarily of:
- Sustained standing and sitting
- Frequent use of PC, including typing or sustained attention to monitor
- Occasional lifting and/or moving equipment weighing up to 50 lbs
- Normal office environment with comfortable internal temperatures and low level noise