Website United Way of Central Alabama
The Senior VP leads our strategy and leads the organization’s execution of an ambitious strategic plan which focuses UWCA’s considerable resources on underserved communities in our six-county region. Serves as a member of the organizations Senior Management Team. The position oversees our community investments of almost $30 MM annually through both traditional member agency allocations and multiple strategic grant making processes as well as a robust collective impact strategy and data team.
- Lead the organization’s strategy to create more equitable access to our programs and services in underserved communities.
- Provide overall direction for the Community Impact department and its various activities.
- Engage, when appropriate, with local, state, and federal government.
- Work collaboratively with other UWCA departments to seek resources to advance solutions from individuals, corporations, nonprofits, foundations, government, and media.
- Work with community organizations to expand and coordinate services.
- Represent United Way on community-based committees.
- Staff board level committees.
- Coordinate strategic planning for United Way.
- Administer departmental budget.
- Develop cooperative and collaborative working relationships with community partners, funded organizations and local municipalities and school systems.
- Ensure compliance with United Way organizational standards and all reporting requirements.
- Recruit, train, manage and motivate staff to the highest standards of performance.
- Serve as a member of the senior management team contributing knowledge, ideas, and resources to strengthen performance of United Way as it pursues its mission.
- Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behavior in accordance with our policies and code of ethics.
- Assess continuing responsibilities and standards keeping them current and focused on key results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
Leadership skills in problem solving, consensus building, and mediation. Good communication and analytical skills. Ability to organize and direct a diverse team and organize a wide range of staff activities. Experience with budgets, word processing and spreadsheets.
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred (MPA, MSW and MBA).
Minimum of five years experience in related field
Normal office environment and community service with some extended hours.
Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and automobile insurance in accordance with Alabama state law
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com