Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO can be found in a wide range of industries. All together, we are more than 20 diverse companies employing nearly 6000 people worldwide.
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
As a Software Engineer, you will work on an Agile development team building, testing and deploying great products and services for our customers. This position is in our Business Intelligence and Analytics UI team working to deliver dynamic reports using the latest technologies in AWS to our customers. We are looking for an exceptional engineer to join our team to help revolutionize our analytics presentation and delivery.
As a member of an Agile development team, you will design, develop and demonstrate software in 2-week iterations as part of an Agile Release Train. You will make commitments to the business and meet those commitments as a team. You will strive for continuous improvement in knowledge and productivity, and display a pattern of continual learning and a desire to broaden your software development and design skills.
- Work directly with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirements into simple user stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with your team to estimate the size and complexity of features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories to be accomplished in an iteration.
- Provide expertise on system architecture, design, implementation, testing, delivery, and operation of premium EBSCO products
- Be a technical leader in some cases for product features, helping ensure that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle achieving scalable, automated solutions for our customer base.
- Mentor other engineers on the team in areas of specific expertise.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables. Authoring well-engineered solutions using test-first/test-driven methodologies.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
- Model and contribute to the continuous improvement of your team.
- Work alongside other software engineers to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability.
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other Technical related degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Java and/or .NET development (C#)
- 5+ years of experience in large systems software design and development with hands on experience in RESTful Web Services, HTML, XML/JSON, HTTP, SSL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands on experience with cloud services, preferably AWS.
- Microservices and microservice design patterns.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and Automated Testing with JUnit, LoadRunner, etc.
- DevOps or automated software deployment.
- Developing automated integration or acceptance tests scenarios.
- Performance testing strategies and techniques.
- Hands on experience developing, delivering, and supporting publicly facing web applications.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead or drive a project with sound technical and design skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, including an ability to look forward and anticipate problems and assess risk.
- Excellent mentoring skills and the desire to contribute to efforts beyond the scope of the day-to-day project work.
- Advocate of unit testing, automation and test-driven development.
- Detailed understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Computer Science, Java, Technology, Engineering