Read Time 2 Minutes
Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
As a member of the CorpIT Infrastructure organization, the Senior Manager of Corporate Networks will own all aspects of relationship, portfolio and budget management for the Infrastructure Engineering team. He/she will work directly with business stakeholders to ensure world class delivery of service and project initiatives. He/she will be involved with functional design, including technology architecture and infrastructure design, as necessary for the successful delivery of services. The Senior Manager will collaborate with customers and internal IT leaders to ensure alignment with defined business and technology strategies. The Senior Manager of Corporate Networks will oversee the successful implementation and migration of critical applications into a public cloud hosting environment. As such, the position requires experience in, budgeting/fiscal planning, portfolio management, and security compliance. Proven ability to manage competing priorities, challenging project deadlines, while maturing adoption of ITIL framework.
- Ensure that the Infrastructure Engineering team delivers on commitments to EBSCO employees and stakeholders
- Provide tactical management and tasking for Infrastructure Engineering team
- Work with Infrastructure Architects to generate an annual strategic implementation plan for Infrastructure Engineering team
- Coordinate with other IT groups to align efforts
- Ensure the maximum possible availability of EBSCO’s Infrastructure services
- Produce service levels consistent with current business needs and future requirements
- Assume overall responsibility for LAN-to-LAN, LAN-to-WAN, and WAN-to-WAN communications
- Ensure the control, reliability, performance, and security of all networks and platforms
- Establish standards and guidelines
- Define, prioritize, schedule, and monitor multiple technical projects, developing and maintaining comprehensive project plans/schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Five to seven years of related experience managing group(s) responsible for strategic planning, technical services for hardware engineering, and production support of the areas of responsibility listed above
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: data communications engineering, data communications hardware analysis, network administration or management, or data communications equipment installation and maintenance
- Experience in LAN/WAN, Voice and multiplatform environments
- Cisco Network certification
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- ITIL certification or solid understanding of ITIL processes
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Engineer, Computer Science, Manager, Engineering Manager, Compliance, Engineering, Technology, Management, Legal