At Regions, the Senior Auditor conducts internal audit activities in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Develops initial audit program to meet the audit engagement objectives with some supervision
- Plans the nature, timing, and extent of engagement procedures
- Develops project timeline to ensure alignment with internal audit annual plan
- Reviews work performed by audit team to ensure documentation is in accordance with the internal audit methodology
- Ensures all audit conclusions are fully supported in work papers
- Coaches internal audit staff throughout the audit engagement to ensure the audit objectives are met
- Drafts audit issues using established criteria in the internal audit methodology
- Ensures that all audit issues are developed accurately and objectively and reflect the audit work performed
- Discusses audit findings and their impacts professionally and confidentially with various levels of the organization as directed by audit management
- Follows-up on management remediation actions as directed by supervisor
- Identifies process improvements for the business based on understanding and analysis of process flows/operations
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk, or related field
- Three (3) years of experience in internal audit, external audit, banking, or risk management/compliance
- Professional certification or progression towards one, preferably one of the following:
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Bank Auditor (CBA)
- Certified Fiduciary and Investment Risk Specialist (CFIRS)
- Certified Financial Systems Auditor (CFSA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to learn additional systems as needed
- Ability to listen actively and ask questions as necessary to validate understanding
- Ability to research, analyze data, and derive facts
- Ability to supervise and manage a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Effective time management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong verbal, written communication, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
The Corporate Bank, Credit, and Enterprise Risk Management audit team focuses on topics spanning Corporate Banking, including Capital Markets, areas of Financial Risk Management (including Credit, Market, Liquidity, Capital), and Non-Financial Risk Management (Operational Risk, Third Party Risk Management, Model Risk Management, and Enterprise Risk Management). Our team strives to apply a dynamic approach which allows opportunity for exposure to many key areas of the bank. This position will support the team’s objective of timely and relevant assurance by performing process walkthroughs, executing control testing, completing substantive procedures, and other monitoring activities, including the use of data analytics.
Strong candidates will have the following characteristics:
- Ability to link business objectives/strategy to processes while understanding key risks and controls
- Comfortable with written and verbal communication to various audiences
- Audit experience and/or related experience in the areas the team covers is preferred
Regions offers a benefits package that is flexible, comprehensive and recognizes that “one size does not fit all” for associates. Listed below is a synopsis of the benefits offered by Regions for informational purposes, which is not intended to be a complete summary of plan terms and conditions.
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- 401K with Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Associate Volunteer Program
Please note, benefits and plans may be changed, amended, or terminated with respect to all or any class of associate at any time. To learn more about Regions’ benefits, please click or copy the link below to your browser.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit careers.regions.com.