Website EBSCO Industries
Valent Group is a privately held independent risk consulting firm based in Birmingham, Alabama, with multiple locations in the southeastern United States. These offices provide all lines of insurance in partnership with specialized carriers. Valent Group was named a 2018 Best Practices Agency by the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America and has the backing of EBSCO Industries, Inc., a global corporation which began in 1944 and now owns more than 20 businesses in a variety of industries. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance and other ancillary benefits, profit sharing, employee perks and more.
We are looking to for a highly organized, initiative-taker to join our team. In your role as a Senior Administrative Assistant, you will own all aspects of our administrative needs while setting the tone for the experience our clients and visitors have come to expect.
The ideal candidate has a Passion for service, our clients, and our team members. Has a responsive, can-do Attitude, which is at the center of our service. They have Curiosity to solve problems through innovative and out-of-the box services. And are Team-oriented, working with others to get the job done. It’s not just what we do, but how we do it.
This is what we believe it takes to deliver a Fortune 1000 customer experience to our middle market clients. And we believe our clients and their employees deserve nothing less.
In this role you will:
- Welcome and directs visitors and clients.
- Oversee telephone services, email correspondence, and mail distribution.
- Provide advanced administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
- Maintain office supplies and coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and maintain expense reporting for select team members.
- Provide support to client managers, producers and other team members when needed.
- Direct office activities and functions to maintain efficiency and compliance with company policies.
- Maintain records, documentation, and files, particularly more complex or sensitive files.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of related experience administrative experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
You may have:
- Prior experience in an insurance office setting
Other: Reasonable accomodations will be made where appropriate to individuals to perform the essential functions of the position. Individuals in this role will be required to sit for prolonged periods, operate varied office equipment and machinery and at be required to lift and move items of 10-15 pounds, occasionally up to 25 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Secretary, Administrative Assistant, Consulting, Compliance, Administrative, Technology, Legal
To apply for this job please visit careers.ebscoind.com.