Read Time 3 Minutes
Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
This individual will be a vital contributing member of the EBSCO network team. Together the team oversees 4 Data Centers and 50 + locations across the globe. This is a hands-on Security Engineer role, that is responsible Engineering, implementing, and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information platform monitoring, and vulnerability management. Identifying and defining system security requirements, and security policy. The position requires attention to detail and a commitment to documentation.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Participate in the EBSCO CIRT in responding, identifying, and mitigation security incidents.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Installs, configures, and maintains perimeter network equipment to include Network Routers, ISP interfaces, and Virtual Private Network (VPN) appliances.
- Experience with Cisco routing and switching, and base knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls.
- Assist in planning, implements, and documents a secure network topology to meet business requirements.
- Assists with the design of the network security topology to meet Defense in Depth principles.
- Responds to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and vendors to provide technical assistance and support.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of networking and Internet technologies to include switching, routing, Domain Name Service (DNS), Ethernet, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), circuits and wireless.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of VOIP technologies to include provider interfaces.
- Demonstrates a continuous effort to keep abreast in the Information Security industry by attending seminars, conventions, and demonstrations and by reading appropriate technical manuals and industry publications.
- Be willing to do limited travel to remote office locations if necessary.
- Participate in on-call rotation to perform after hours support as required
- 3- 5 years of experience in Security Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, MIS, or similar (work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Some exposure to and basic understanding of Lean Principles and ITIL Methodology
- Security +, other vendor neutral security certifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Previous experience within EBSCO’s CorpIT department
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineering, Technology