Where fleet management happens.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleet operations. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge with raving fans as customers and an incredible team, but we’ve only scratched the surface of potential!
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will use creative outreach strategies to engage prospects and introduce them to Fleetio’s fleet management software. You will be a key component of Fleetio’s success by researching, qualifying and engaging with prospective customers through multiple channels (e.g., cold calling, email) and partnering with Account Executives to move them through the sales process.
This is a demanding but rewarding role that requires an abundance of curiosity, knowledge, and persistence. We want creative, confident, and adaptable challengers in this role. We’re not asking you to start from scratch and “figure it out”; however, our ideal candidate will take what we’re doing and creatively find better ways to do it time and time again.
If you’re looking to break into the fast-paced world of software sales, this could be the position for you! Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you read this and are detail-oriented.
What you’ll be doing
- Cold call and email prospective customers daily – understand their business needs and educate them on how Fleetio can help achieve their goals
- Source new leads, company information, and contact details; develop detailed lead profiles in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Qualify leads and schedule meetings with our Account Executives
- Create and manage outreach efforts to re-engage with aged prospects
- Facilitate and manage a systematic and organized approach to day-to-day activity
- Collaborate with the Sales Team on best practices to increase your sales knowledge
What’s in it for you
- Join and drive growth for one of Birmingham’s fastest-growing technology companies
- Become an active part of a collaborative, innovative, and team-oriented environment
- Develop and refine skills that will contribute to your success as an SDR and will be transferable to other opportunities as you grow
- Advancement opportunities for top performers
- You’re a natural conversationalist – you enjoy talking to people and have impeccable listening and writing skills
- You’re confident – you have the confidence to speak with all organization levels to deliver thought-provoking discussion and sell our vision
- You’re a “go-getter” – you work hard to deliver consistent results and contribute to the success of the entire sales team
- You’re resourceful – you know how to leverage a variety of technologies and resources to hit your goals
- You’re persistent – you’re not afraid to hear the word “no”
- You’re a team player – you value your team and work well with others toward a common goal
- You have strong attention to detail – you take great notes and are mindful of all of the information that will help us close a deal
- You enjoy solving problems – you use your creativity and strategic thinking skills to troubleshoot issues and overcome objections
Considered a plus if you have
- Previous sales and cold-calling experience
- Experience with Salesforce, Outreach, ZoomInfo, Slack, Asana
- This is an inside sales position and does not require travel
- This opportunity is only open to local candidates; however, due to COVID, you will have the ability to either work from home or at Fleetio’s HQ in downtown Birmingham
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO and 8 company holidays
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Mac laptop, book stipend, and professional development funds
- Health and wellness incentives
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires an accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing email@example.com.