Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
This position is responsible for managing the complete construction of multiple custom homes being built simultaneously. The Residential Construction Project Manager is responsible for each home from layout of the foundation through the completed punch list. Depending on the task at hand, the Project Manager needs to be proficient both in the field and in an office environment. The candidate must possess a positive attitude and be a team player who easily adapts to the ever-changing environment of construction. Depending on one’s experience level and expertise, there is potential for increased management responsibility. Throughout the building process, the Project Manager will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for updating and following a detailed schedule during the construction of each home.
- Accountable for all project deadlines and informing management weekly regarding schedule changes.
- One must be able to and know how to maintain the flow of work required to consistently keep the job moving forward.
- Responsible for responding to emails, phone calls and other forms of correspondence in a timely manner.
- Communicate openly with team members.
- Openly discuss all challenges and potential issues, so timely remediation can occur offsetting any undue schedule or budget consequence.
- Commitment to details and precise execution are key to success. The Project Manager is accountable for the quality of each home and ensuring the defined procedures are executed properly.
- Must confirm each home is built per plan, to specifications and within the budget set forth.
- Must ensure the selected options and upgrades are confirmed and implemented at the appropriate times.
- Responsible for multiple daily site visits to ensure all details are being met, safe practices are being performed and the site is clean and orderly.
- The quality and execution we expect must be demonstrated daily. We strive for excellence and aim to deliver an unmatched product to our clients, while creating the least impact on existing homeowners.
- Be a part of an incredible team at Town Builders. One must see the value in teamwork to fit into the culture we are committed to.
- Must be accountable for one’s performance, each member contributes to the overall success of team.
- Strive to keep the client happy. Our future as a reputable, custom homebuilder greatly depends on referrals from satisfied homeowners. The Project Manager will be expected to maintain this standard and receive positive feedback from their interaction with the homeowner during the building process.
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA regulations
- Always Monitor cleanliness and order of the site and surrounding area. Must enforce subcontractor daily clean-up.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- Must have 3+ years of residential construction experience
- At least 1 year of construction management experience
- Must possess computer skills needed to appropriately manage, schedule and communicate
- Experience with Buildertrend or a dedication to become efficient with the software is required
- Must be able to communicate openly, clearly and often with subcontractors, clients and management
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A true strategic planner. Not a reactionary builder
- Ability to analyze and interpret a detailed set of construction drawings
- Strong work ethic and career oriented
- Commitment to craftsmanship and results
- Desire for excellence in customer service
- Ability to foster quality relationships with subcontractors and team members
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Construction, Project Manager, Manager, Real Estate, QC, Engineering, Technology, Management, Sales, Quality