United Way has a rich history in helping neighborhoods and communities in Central Alabama. It began as a cooperative action to address our city’s human services problems.
Develop and implement strategy for growing campaign revenue, bringing in new accounts, growing existing key accounts and partner relationships, and creating opportunities for year-round engagement that align with both donor and United Way objectives.
- Implements strategies and develops opportunities to engage with corporate accounts to nurture and advance relationships and grow revenue for United Way.
- Responsible for the development of new accounts in targeted markets.
- Acts as United Way representative at various community functions, donor engagement events, and divisional committees maintaining high visibility and continual relationship building.
- Communicates United Way and partner agency efforts to individuals, corporations and community leaders through visits and public presentations.
- Oversees the recruitment, preparation, and execution of training programs for fundraising volunteers.
- Supervises and supports volunteer efforts in assigned annual campaign divisions.
- Prepares required campaign reports and communicates campaign strategies with volunteers and companies.
- Co-manages a seasonal sales team to carry out fundraising efforts within the community.
- Performs duties and projects as assigned by the Directors of Annual Campaign.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in sales, community relationship development, and general knowledge of fundraising best practices.
- Working knowledge of community, nonprofit organizations, and the social and economic structure of the community.
- Willingness to continually grow and develop knowledge of local industries and corporate environments.
- Eagerness to learn about and grow community knowledge of United Way and partner agencies.
- Ability to grasp ideas and translate them into positive actions and results through problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize and supervise fundraising efforts involving multiple volunteers, companies, and donors.
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency in word processing, excel and database management.
United Way or other fundraising organization, social service agency, or a background in sales or marketing.
Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance.
Normal office environment with some travel and occasional overtime required.