Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career — a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements and in conjunction with Regions’ Retention Schedule for a minimum of three years. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Relationship Banker II is responsible for meeting with customers and prospects both in person and on the phone to determine their financial needs, and meeting those needs by proactively offering appropriate products, services, and guidance to achieve their financial goals. This role offers an exciting opportunity for candidates with retail or sales experience that are interested in beginning a career with opportunities for growth, development, and upward mobility.
Regions’ mission is to make life better for our customers and communities, and we are looking for candidates committed to helping customers reach their financial goals by understanding and meeting customer needs. The successful candidate should be individually driven and competitive, as well as motivated to work as a team to achieve a common goal. This requires a candidate who excels at identifying customer needs and possesses strong communication skills.
- Achieves branch targets and goals by identifying customer needs and providing appropriate guidance and perspective about Regions’ solutions
- Conducts outbound phone calls using generated customer and prospect lead lists to expand existing customer relationships and acquire new ones
- Educates and advises customers on Regions’ Consumer and Business products and services, including all loan and deposit types
- Educates customers on emerging technology and digital solutions such as mobile, online, and ATM offerings, all designed to make banking easier
- Provides a consistent optimal customer experience, which may consist of sharing responsibility for greeting customers and processing transactions to ensure customers bank when, where, and how they choose
- Owns and resolves customer issues
- Refers customers to an internal team of experts when complex financial goals and needs are recognized
- Follows all bank processes and procedures and adheres to applicable laws and regulations, including completing duties delegated and assigned by the Branch Manager; as a member of the branch team, ensures sound banking practices, including managing, identifying and reporting operational risks
This position requires the tracking of time for hours worked in excess of 40 per week and is eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position is incentive eligible.
This position requires registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS). Please refer to https://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org for more information.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work Saturdays as needed
- Ability to handle cash and process cash transactions
- Ability to communicate in person, on the phone, and through electronic channels
- Ability to use a computer on a frequent basis, including typing and sustained attention to a monitor
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to twenty (20) pounds
- Bachelor’s degree
- Life Insurance License
- One (1) year of cash-handling, banking, and/or customer service experience
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Ability to assist customers with digital banking offerings
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to oversee large sums of cash
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Strong communication and customer focus
This position may be filled at a higher level of Senior Relationship Banker depending on the candidate’s qualifications, relevant experience, and an active Life Insurance License.
Regions offers a benefits package that is flexible, comprehensive and recognizes that “one size does not fit all” for benefits-eligible associates. Listed below is a synopsis of the benefits offered by Regions for informational purposes, which is not intended to be a complete summary of plan terms and conditions.
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- 401K with Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Associate Volunteer Program
Please note, benefits and plans may be changed, amended, or terminated with respect to all or any class of associate at any time. To learn more about Regions’ benefits, please click or copy the link below to your browser.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit careers.regions.com.