Website Encompass Health
Encompass Health’s corporate headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama is currently searching for dynamic individuals to join our Reimbursement Team. Reimbursement Accountants are responsible for preparing Medicare and Medicaid cost reports, hospital and audit support for assigned hospitals as well as other projects. Candidates with one or more years of accounting or reimbursement experience are ideal for this opportunity
This is an opportunity to work for a company that has a strong commitment to its employees. Encompass Health offers productive careers with an emphasis on work-life balance, continuing education programs, and development and training programs to help employees thrive and achieve their career potential.
The corporate office is located on a picturesque campus and includes a market place, a state of the art fitness center that is free for employees, walking trails, and collaborative workspaces. In addition, Encompass Health and our employees are dedicated to giving back to the local community. We support employee-identified and mission-focused community support organizations through participation in charity walks, Habitat for Humanity home builds, school supply drives, soup kitchens service and a host of other activities.
Job Code: 100201
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or a Finance Degree with additional pertinent experience
– Zero to two years of reimbursement experience
– Working experience of Microsoft Office Products
Machines, Equipment Used:
– General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
– Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
– Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
– Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
– Ability to work with minimum supervision.
– Team player, ability to train and share knowledge, strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve, strong organizational skills, strong interpersonal communication skills, demonstrated strong work ethic.
– Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
– Handicapped accessible.
– May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
– Meets established attendance standards.
– Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
– May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
– May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
– May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.