EBSCO can be found in a wide range of industries. All together, we are more than 20 diverse companies employing nearly 6000 people worldwide.
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
EBSCO Industries, Inc., a leader in online journal technology, is seeking a Publisher Support & Research Specialist to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven customer service and research environment. The best candidates will be able to provide top customer service to EBSCO customers, publishers, and employees who access E-Journals and print subscriptions. This individual will be responsible for dealing with regional offices and publishers, trouble-shooting customer orders for online access at web sites. This individual will also research, interpret, analyze and maintain data on an estimated 13,000 serial publications within multiple databases for use by regional offices and publishers. Individual will compute commissions, discounts, taxes, and pricing formulas requiring attention to detail and accuracy.
- 2 consecutive year’s office/customer service experience handling a variety of service issues via correspondence, telephone and email.
- 1 year experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- 1 year experience using Internet
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Candidate should have experience with and understanding of web applications and networking terminology.
- Candidate should have strong written and verbal communication skills, advanced organizational stills, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate will be required to obtain, analyze and process various types of title lists and pricing structures. Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks, remaining flexible while working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
- Should be a fast learner with strong information retention abilities and be detail oriented.
- Must perform duties in a pleasant and professional manner.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.