Website United Way of Central Alabama
The PR Specialist is an entry-mid level public relations position that works closely with the PR and Marketing team to perform daily tasks related to the entire organization. The candidate should have strong writing, research and organizational skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General Administrative duties (filing, copying, phone calls)
- Keeping abreast of industry and competitive trends
- Reporting noteworthy news items and opportunities
- Assisting in the coordination of special events
- Working with other department as needed to help promote the organization’s brand
- Maintaining media lists and editorial calendars
- Job trafficking
- Writing feature stories and media releases for internal and external distribution
- Media Relations
- Excellent presentation skills including handling many assignments simultaneously
- Strategic thinking and execution in a fast paced environment
- Should exhibit creativity and resourcefulness
- Self confidence
- Organized and detail oriented
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to think outside the box
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, advertising or communications related field. Advanced degree in a related field a plus.
- Minimum of two years experience in an agency or corporate setting and demonstrated proficiency with public relations practices
- Experience in social services a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com