Website EBSCO Industries
Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Moultrie Mobile (www.moultriemobile.com) is a rapidly scaling software and cellular camera platform used by hunters, property owners, jobsite managers, and others for real-time remote monitoring. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them. Moultrie is first and foremost customer driven – hardware, software, marketing, and customer success teams collaborate to deliver a quality user experience. As a business unit of EBSCO Industries (www.ebscoind.com), we offer the stability and benefits of a firmly established corporation while operating as a growth-focused team with the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
We are guided by the following principles:
- We put the customer first.
- We are curious and seek to learn.
- We take ownership.
- We are grounded.
- We win as a team.
- We are builders working with relentless energy, urgency, passion, and drive.
- We innovate, experiment, and take risks.
Moultrie Mobile is looking to add a Product Owner to its team. As Product Owner, you will work with an agile Software Engineering team to build and deliver web and mobile based products and services. As a connection point between Product Management & technology, you will utilize a unique blend of business and technical savvy to make the company vision a reality. The Product Owner is accountable for understanding and translating the long-term product and platform plans into actionable work items for the Software Engineering team. The Product Owner will work cross-functionally with Product Development, Engineering, Customer Service, Marketing, Operations and Sales Teams to ensure the completion of visions and timelines set by the business. He or she will aggressively grow the business by thoroughly understanding the marketplace and competition, and by developing products that address consumer needs and staying abreast of the latest software trends.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with management, stakeholders, and external partners
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Assist Product Managers with the definition of product features and functionality
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Collaborate with product management and software team to analyze and decompose complex software features into simpler well written stories which have acceptance criteria for planning and execution.
- Plan and prioritize feature backlog and development for the product ensuring the team always has an adequate number of prepared tasks to work on
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing, and deployment phases to ensure delivery expectations (both time and quality) and definition of done are met.
- Ensure high quality and user-friendly software releases to our customers
- Proactively communicate progress, decisions, impediments, and risks
- Effectively manage expectations related to estimates and delivery timeframes
- Collaborate with your team gain knowledge on the domains and be self-sufficient in addressing any defects
- Be the technical leader for features and defects, responsible for ensuring that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle.
- Drive value and continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Nurture ideas and solutions to existing customer problems
- Know your product details and contribute a genuine passion and enthusiasm for the product and mission
- Research and analyze the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business administration or related field (in lieu of degree we will consider candidates with equitable years of professional work experience)
- A minimum of 2 years in product management (preferably as a product owner) or working as a business analyst
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working within a Lean-agile software product development method, such as Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe
- A minimum of 2 years of defining and documenting product requirements into small, well-articulated, and valuable deliverables
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment across multiple functional teams
- Demonstrated record of successfully contributing to projects from conception to completion
- A proven track record of managing and supporting development of world-class consumer facing software
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- A background in, and product knowledge of the hunting, fishing, or outdoor sporting goods market.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.