Website EBSCO Industries
Birmingham, AL, US, 35243
Onsite or Remote: Onsite
Company Name: Valent Group
Valent Group is a privately held independent risk consulting firm based in Birmingham, Alabama, with multiple locations in the southeastern United States. These offices provide all lines of insurance in partnership with specialized carriers. Valent Group was named a 2018 Best Practices Agency by the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America and has the backing of EBSCO Industries, Inc., a global corporation which began in 1944 and now owns more than 20 businesses in a variety of industries. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance and other ancillary benefits, profit sharing, employee perks and more.
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Lines Producer to join our team. If you are a dynamic individual with a proven track record for outside sales success in our industry, we simply must meet you. We plan to expand our team by hiring a producer who is motivated to succeed quickly by building a profitable book of business and representing the agency in a professional manner in the market.
The ideal candidate has a Passion for our clients and their business. Has a responsive, can-do Attitude, which is at the center of our service. They have Curiosity to solve problems through innovative and out-of-the box services. And are Team-oriented, working with others to get the job done. It’s not just what we do, but how we do it.
This is what we believe it takes to deliver a Fortune 1000 customer experience to our middle market clients. And we believe our clients and their businesses deserve nothing less.
In this role you will:
- Drive new business generation and manage the client relationship life cycle from lead generation through proposal, and from closing to post-sales servicing
- Identify and qualify prospects to create a robust pipeline of accounts
- Identify and pursue cross-selling opportunities among existing clients
- Develop deep relationships and participate in leadership roles within targeted industry/niche associations and community organizations
- Collaborate with inside and outside partners to create compelling risk management programs that win new business
- Work closely with our President to set and achieve sales goals
- Input and track sales activities in sales management systems
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in the insurance industry
- Alabama State P&C Insurance License
- “Hunter” sales mentality
- Ability to travel, mostly within state of Alabama
You may have:
- Advanced business degree
- Proven experience working with C-Level executives
- Public speaking experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham Job Segment: Consulting, Outside Sales, Pre-Sales, Technology, Sales
To apply for this job please visit careers.ebscoind.com.