Website United Way of Central Alabama
Provide services that include connecting homeless or at-risk Veterans to VA health care services or other community-based health care services. Work collaboratively with Veterans, Priority Veteran Case Managers, and VA Medical Center (VAMC) staff to ensure appropriate health care coordination.
- Assist Priority Veteran clients in accessing and navigating healthcare systems including local VAMCs and other community health care providers
- Serve as a liaison between Priority Veteran clients, Case Managers, VAMC health care providers, VAMC social workers, and other health care providers.
- Assess health care needs and treatment preferences in collaboration with the Veteran, Case Manager, and other members of the treatment team
- Conduct targeted outreach, health education, and increase health care provider client referrals to the Priority Veteran program
- Work with designated VA points of contact and VA primary care teams to review ongoing care coordination for clients who require assistance accessing health care services or adhering to health care plans
- Help Priority Veteran clients enroll in health care services at VAMCs and other health care providers, including gathering client documentation and following up on enrollment progress
- Help Veterans identify barriers to adhering to recommended health care plans
- Assist Veterans in understanding and communicating with providers to make informed decisions about health care
- Problem-solve barriers to care (i.e. transportation, childcare)
- Knowledge of federal, state and local veteran and military family programs
- Knowledge of social services and healthcare settings
- Excellent communication skills with Veterans and health care teams
- Ability to problem-solve and work collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft and Client Management Systems (CMS)
Bachelor’s degree in social work, license preferred. 2 years’ experience in a healthcare or social services area of practice. Veteran status and knowledge of VAMC preferred.
Valid Alabama driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance commensurate with State law. Cell phone, Background checks to include criminal record, drug screen & TB testing. Rotating work schedule to include evening/weekend and on-call. Travel to and from sites as needed and appropriate.