Website Personnel Board of Jefferson County
Minimum Qualifications required for this position:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must have NO felony convictions.
- Must have no convictions in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year.
- Must NOT be subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner.
- Must NOT be prohibited by state or federal law from owning, possessing, or carrying a firearm.
- Must NOT be required to register as a convicted sex offender.
- Must have an honorable discharge if served in the US Armed Forces.
- Must be in good health and physically fit for the performance of the duties of a law enforcement officer.
Option A, B or C below:
- Option A – Must have been previously APOSTC certified.
- Option B – Must possess an earned Associate’s degree or higher degree from a College or University accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), or its regional equivalent.
- Option C – Must possess a high school diploma or GED AND submit passing scores for the ACT WorkKeys Assessment for Law Enforcement Officers.
To apply for this position or similar positions please go to our job’s website at www.jobsquest.org
All applications must be completed online. Should you have questions contact our office at 205-279-3500.