Read Time 1 Minutes
The Patient Registration Representative works at the front desk and attends to patient needs face-to-face and over the phone. The PRR will coordinate the patient’s entering the clinic and ensure that the front desk operations run smoothly. The PRR delivers excellent customer service to both patients and staff.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Greets patients and visitors
- Registers patients according to established protocols
- Assists patients with completing any necessary forms
- Ensures patient information is accurate and up-to-date including insurance billing information
- Maintains and manages patient records while following HIPAA guidelines
- Manages incoming calls
- Collects patient co-pays or past balances
- Ensures the reception area is well maintained, tidy, and clean
- Safeguards patient privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Completes other clerical duties as assigned
- Communication proficiency
- Problem resolution
- Results driven
- Customer service skills
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Working knowledge of healthcare insurance processes preferred
- Two years of customer service experience
- Hours of Work Rotating schedule 12-hour shifts
- Work Environment This position operates in a clinic setting and requires use of standard office equipment. Work is primarily sedentary in nature.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
TrustCare is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.