Read Time 2 Minutes
Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham, AL has a rare opening for an experienced Paralegal! The paralegal will provide general corporate legal support with an acute focus on EBSCO’s intellectual property needs. With a diverse portfolio of businesses, EBSCO offers the skilled legal professional a challenging environment to operate within. Reporting directly into EBSCO’s General Counsel, the paralegal will be responsible for:
- Litigation support
- Maintaining EBSCO’s patent, trademark, copyright, and domain name portfolios. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with filing, prosecution, enforcement/defense and renewals.
- Conducting legal review of all product labels, packaging and advertising/promotional materials for legal compliance ensuring all intellectual property identification is represented appropriately.
- General administrative support for the department, including special projects
- Bachelor’s degree, with a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA accredited or approved program.
- 4-5 years’ experience as a paralegal (preferably corporate).
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Experience with intellectual property matters
- Experience with USPTO fillings
- Ability to multitask with competing priorities- must be able to track and manage multiple projects that require interaction with a variety of departments and types of information.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively under multiple time deadlines.
- Exceptional communication (oral and written).
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Paralegal, Law, Administrative Assistant, Compliance, Patent, Legal, Administrative
To apply for this job please visit careers.ebscoind.com.