Read Time 1 Minutes
Website Children's of Alabama
- The Nurse Practitioner is a registered professional nurse with advanced education, training, and experience related to a specified patient population. Works in conjunction with the NP-MD collaborator in supporting and practicing within the ED Psychiatric Pod Setting.
- PNP – MSN with subspecialty in Pediatric Nursing and completion of a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program or a Family Practice Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program.
- Must meet the qualifications for approval to practice as a nurse practitioner according to Section 610-X-9.09 of the “Alabama Board of Nursing Administrative Code.”
- Must be certified to practice as a nurse practitioner by the Alabama Board of Nursing as stated in section 610-X-9.10 of the “Alabama Board of Nursing Administrative Code.”
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Alabama.
- PNP – Certification through PNP Certification.
- Current BLS/PALS certification
- At least 4 years of nursing experience with a minimum of 2 years in the subspecialty area preferred.
- Previous demonstration of expert clinical, management, teaching, research, and consultation skills.
Licensures, Certifications, and/or Registries
- CPI certification required or must be obtained within 30 days of employment (can be obtained at COA).