EBSCO can be found in a wide range of industries. All together, we are more than 20 diverse companies employing nearly 6000 people worldwide.
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
Marketing and Communications Specialist
The Marketing Specialist works collaboratively with the Marketing and Corporate Communications team to develop effective, integrated, communication and marketing campaigns. This individual assists the marketing management teams both at EBSCO Industries and within EBSCO businesses, by helping develop, manage, and execute marketing and communications projects – facilitating both internal and external communications.
- Works with the Marketing and Corporate Communications Manager to support EBSCO’s initiatives and business units by assisting with marketing strategies, plans, and objectives; aids in developing strategy and ensuring brand consistency; and executing projects.
- Works with service centers in developing internal communications campaigns and programs to support the education of new initiatives and programs within EBSCO.
- Works collaboratively, as needed, with the businesses to assist in the execution of plans that support the overall goals of the business.
- Drafts timelines and project plans for marketing communication initiatives.
- Assists with development of promotional, advertising and supporting marketing materials – coordinating requirements with Marketing Communications team.
- Coordinates production where needed for execution of projects- photography, video, print, etc.
- Participates in project briefings that guide the Marketing and Corporate Communications team to ensure alignment.
- Develops and creates presentations and case studies.
- Provides writing assistance for communications and marketing deliverables.
- Provides social media support
- Supports the employee engament communications team with event coordination.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and continuous improvement initiatives related to internal communications and integrated marketing.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job/role.
- Seeks continuous improvement ideas for the department, EBSCO Industries and the many EBSCO businesses.
- Three to five years’ experience in a marketing, advertising or public relations agency or equivalent experience in an in-house marketing team
- Three to five years’ of experience in print, web, digital and social media marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations or related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Writing Experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Positive Attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management software.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Communications, Marketing Communications, Corporate Communications, Real Estate, Marketing, Sales