Website United Way of Central Alabama
The Market Development Manager (MDM) will oversee all aspects of United Way Hands On (uWho) Fundraising and Media Outreach. The MDM will work extensively with corporate decision makers developing corporate partnerships to engage their employees in the community through volunteering as well as generating revenue for uWho’s days of service and events. The MDM will be responsible for managing and organizing event logistics, participant recruitment, and working with event committees to assure a well-organized and noteworthy event. The MDM will identify, research and write grant proposals to secure foundation, corporate, and public funding and provide follow-up reports as required.
In conjunction with corporate market development and fundraising activities, the MDM is responsible for research, development, implementation and evaluation of all media strategies and promoting public awareness of uWho’s mission, goals and objectives.
Responsibilities for the Market Development Manager include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Resource Development Department (RD) on their corporate referrals to assure successful well managed corporate volunteer projects.
- Collaborate with uWho staff to match the best volunteer project with the corporate areas of interest, time allotment and number of volunteers.
- Collaborate with RD and uWho Staff to develop and organize a day of service for each of the six counties within United Way of Central Alabama’s footprint.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and PR Departments to help maintain the United Way co-branding and maximize community outreach.
- Manage social media presence of assigned special events and service days, including content posting, conversation and analysis.
- Collaborate with the Director to create, develop and implement a fundraising, marketing, and PR strategies for all days of service and special events.
- Collaborate with Director to keep the uWho Cabinet updated and informed.
- Collaborate with staff and volunteer leadership to solicit/collect key donations and in-kind sponsorships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field with an emphasis on public relations, marketing, and journalism. Nonprofit and fundraising experience preferred.
At least two years of nonprofit or similar experience. Experience working with volunteers is required and a demonstrated board and committee development skill is strongly preferred. Knowledge of the Greater Birmingham community (Jefferson, Blount, Chilton, Shelby, St. Clair and Walker counties) is essential.
The candidate must have superior and professional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. S/he must demonstrate the capacity to manage, inspire and motivate staff, project coordinators, volunteer staff, cabinet members and volunteers. Public speaking is a must. High emphasis placed on the ability to multitask, maintain strict attention to detail and set priorities. The capacity to take initiative and be creative as needed. Must be flexible and adaptable to working evenings and weekends. Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team/committee. Must be energetic, enthusiastic, personable and professional while working well in a collaborative fast-paced and high energy environment. Transportation is required.
The job is normally carried out in an office environment, at the facilities of uWho’s community service partners or at an uWho project site. Occasionally, activities related to project preparation call for lifting up to fifty pounds repeatedly, and for working outside to support project needs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com