Read Time 2 Minutes
New clinic opening soon in Vestavia! Great opportunity to join a growing and dynamic team! The clinics operate under a 3/2 split schedule: M-F 8a-8p; Sat 9a-5p; Sun 1p-7p
The LPN functions under the supervision and guidance of the Nursing Supervisor or Provider and participates in the multi-disciplinary process of providing care and treatment to patients. They also provide clinical support and technical assistance to the professional medical and other staff. The LPN is responsible for functioning within the scope of practice dictated by the authority of the Alabama Board of Nursing. Individual must be able to manage demanding workload with accuracy. Position requires excellent customer service skills with patients, and their families, other staff, physicians, vendors, and the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assisting providers with patient care, including triage, obtaining pertinent patient medical history, obtaining and recording vital signs, and documenting in an electronic medical record system.
• Performs certain clinical and laboratory testing in accordance with OSHA and CLIA regulations. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
• Performs certain occupational medicine testing (mandatory training is provided) that includes but not limited to drug screens, DOT and non-DOT physicals, BAT, audiograms, spirometry, and respiratory fit testing.
• Safely administers and documents medication per a provider’s order.
• Assists providers with minor surgical procedures.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of biohazard waste disposal.
• Responsible for sterilization of surgical instruments and auto-clave maintenance.
• Obtains, processes, and tracks patient specimens.
• Organizes, stocks, and completes inventory of all clinic supplies.
• Responsible for referrals along with initiating and following-up on precertification’s and prior authorizations.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical care errors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to individual
• Must demonstrate an understanding of clinical risk.
• Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent
interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other health care professionals.
• Familiarity with EMR systems a plus.
About the Organization
TrustCare Health is a Mississippi based, independently owned and operated healthcare organization which operates multiple urgent care clinics and a heart clinic. Our founding values and passions are high quality care and impeccable customer service. It is our goal to reshape the traditional health care model by implementing practices that advance both the quality of care we provide and the delivery of services.
Our clinics are staffed with Board Certified local physicians and highly skilled and certified Nurse Practitioners, all with years of clinical experience
Full-Time and/or Part-Time – Various Shifts
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.