Read Time 2 Minutes
The LPN functions under the supervision and guidance of the Nursing Supervisor or Provider and participates in the multi-disciplinary process of providing care and treatment to patients. They also provide clinical support and technical assistance to the professional medical and other staff. The LPN is responsible for functioning within the scope of practice dictated by the authority of the Mississippi Board of Nursing. Individual must be able to manage demanding workload with accuracy. Position requires excellent customer service skills with patients, and their families, other staff, physicians, vendors, and the public.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Assisting providers with patient care, including triage, obtaining pertinent patient medical history, obtaining and recording vital signs, and documenting in an electronic medical record system.
- Performs certain clinical and laboratory testing in accordance with OSHA and CLIA regulations. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Performs certain occupational medicine testing (mandatory training is provided) that includes but not limited to drug screens, DOT and non-DOT physicals, BAT, audiograms, spirometry, and respiratory fit testing.
- Safely administers and documents medication per a provider’s order.
- Assists providers with minor surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of biohazard waste disposal.
- Responsible for sterilization of surgical instruments and auto-clave maintenance.
- Obtains, processes, and tracks patient specimens.
- Organizes, stocks, and completes inventory of all clinic supplies.
- Responsible for referrals along with initiating and following-up on pre-certifications and prior authorizations.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical care errors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clinical knowledge/expertise
- Communication proficiency
- Problem resolution
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Licensed LPN by the State of Mississippi
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to individual needs.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of clinical risk.
- Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent
interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other health care professionals.
- Familiarity with EMR systems a plus.
- Hours of Work Rotating schedule 12-hour shifts
- Work Environment This position operates in a clinic environment. The position requires frequent walking, standing, and lifting.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
TrustCare is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.