Glenwood is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse in the Health Services Department to assist with meeting the physical/emotional needs of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Severe Emotional Behavioral Disorder. The ideal candidate will also have experience working with persons with developmental disabilities. Duties will include providing direct nursing care, participating in any multi-disciplinary treatment teams, monitoring health and medical needs, as well as communicating with families about the health of their loved one. An ideal candidate will be able to multi-task effectively.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Day, Monday-Friday, 8a-4p (with some flexibility). On-call responsibilities for 24/7 nursing coverage will include weekend, night, and holiday coverage on a rotating basis (additional pay provided)
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Functions within the scope of the Alabama Nurse Practice Act.
- Teaches MAC classes as scheduled.
- Maintains medical records and other related paperwork.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation in the confidential electronic health (EHR) for individuals served including, but not limited to documentation in changes in individuals condition or behavior per agency policy.
- Develops an individualized Plan of Care based on the findings of the nursing assessment, and updates as required and as needed.
- Obtains or assists with ordered labs as deemed necessary by a physician and ensures a delivery to the laboratory for testing along with appropriate paperwork.
- Oversees and administers medications within guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act and responsible for processing medication orders to the pharmacy in a timely manner.
- Obtains information on all outside medical visits; communicates medical information and updates to parents, guardians, consulting physicians, and other service providers.
- Participates in the admission and/or discharge process. Completes all health services forms in association with admission and/or discharge with the designated timeframe.
- Serves as a medical source for agency staff as well as other involved parties.
- Provides medical, medication, and nutritional in-services for employees as needed on individuals served.
- Acts as a resource to staff for the first report of injury.
- Evaluates the quality of patient care and initiate quality improvement activities to improve care.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Health Services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Works effectively with individuals, families, or significant others, as well as professionals and support personnel.
- Ability to obtain/maintain Medication Assistant Supervisor (MAS) certification as defined by the Alabama Department of Mental Health (ADMH).
- Ability to fulfill agency professional development requirements, participate in continuing education/maintaining certification and other assignments as required.
Licensed Practical Nurse with a current Alabama Nursing License. Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State accrediting agency.
• Maintains professional licenses and certifications.
• Two or more years’ experience in behavioral health nursing (preferred).
• Two or more years’ experience in general medical nursing (preferred).
• Familiarity with psychotropic and neuroleptic medications.
• CPR certification (BLS)
• Ability and willingness to submit to required background and drug screens.
Glenwood is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants, without regard to consideration of or discrimination against race, religion, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition or characteristics, genetic information, marital status, citizenship, veteran status or any other classification prohibited by applicable local, State, or Federal laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.