Website Encompass Health
The Legal Secretary provides administrative and secretarial support for multiple attorneys and paralegals, and performs complex legal secretarial, administrative, word processing and clerical functions. This position requires strong computer skills and is responsible for complex document creation, revision and version management, including, but not limited to, the use of table of contents, field codes, styles, headings and other advanced formatting in Word 2007. This position requires full functionality in the advanced use of Excel and PowerPoint applications. The person must maintain a high standard of professionalism and be accustomed to dealing with maintaining and protecting confidential information as well as the ability to perform in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. The position types correspondence, agreements and documents from rough draft, verbal instructions, and dictation, proofs and edits documents for accuracy, answers the telephone, schedules meetings, maintains filing systems and indexes, and communicates in person, by telephone, fax, mail or email with internal and external contacts in a professional manner.
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of legal secretarial experience.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 25 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Environmental Conditions:
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
- Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Shift: Day Job