EBSCO can be found in a wide range of industries. All together, we are more than 20 diverse companies employing nearly 6000 people worldwide.
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
EBSCO’s CorpIT division is looking for a new IT Service Portfolio Manager to join the team! The IT Service Portfolio Manager is responsible for the effective management of CorpIT’s service strategy and design framework including but not limited to : (1) enhancement of services, standards, and methods based on the ITIL framework, and (2) tracking IT service utilization and demand including collecting status and providing rolled up managed dashboards. Additionally, this individual will collaborate directly with the IT management, service owners, service teams in other departments to provide timely and efficient support of end-users in all aspects of the organization.
Strategy & Planning
- Lead strategic service management planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing service delivery initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future service management efforts. Collaborate with the appropriate departments to develop and maintain a service management & delivery plan that supports organizational needs.
- Develop and communicate business/technology alignment plans to IT management team, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Lead the customer journey and experience for services offered and utilized, to include all customer channels
- Assist and support the use of unified ITSM tools; including design, testing, and process implementation.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assess and communicate risks associated with service management investments and purchases.
- Work with Service Owners to develop business-case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for service management spending initiatives.
- Define requirements for net new service management implementations and communicate them to key business stakeholders.
- Define and communicate corporate procedures, policies, and standards for the organization relating to all aspects of service management & delivery.
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to service management systems.
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging best practices in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
- Analyze and improve upon service management & delivery standards across the organization
- Manage and monitor to ensure appropriate levels of service management & delivery through service agreements with appropriate governance committees and/or departmental leadership.
- Market and create case studies to illustrate the benefits of service investments for customers
- Align the function with business needs and strategic directions
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- ITIL certification (or ability to achieve certification within 6 months of employment)
- 3-5+ years of general experience in one or more IT functions
- 1-3+ years of experience in ITSM tools (Remedy, ServiceNow, or an IT Service Catalog)
- Strong abilities in ITSM functions and experience of delivery of IT Services
- Strong knowledge of ITSM Platforms
- Capable of working with a variety of personalities and styles
- Team player, able to work on a geographically diverse team
- Effective communication; capable of creating clear, concise, and impactful messages describing technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to logically collate and analyze data to identify trends and issues
- Thorough understanding of ITSM and industry best-practices
Expertise in a metrics-driven environment where progress is demonstrated through improving metric
- Experience in collaborating with Service Owners and Service Providers to design and build both IT and Business Services for a Service Catalog, including but not limited to requirements documentation, customer experience, approvals, service plan.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Service Manager, Real Estate, Manager, Customer Service, Sales, Management