Website United Way of Central Alabama
Responsible for administrative duties for the claims department and will assist with other administrative duties within Ryan White. Provide backup claims processing support for claims specialists within the program.
- Tracking all mail that is received per department via spreadsheet. Also, to include scanning and vendoring of the claims.
- Answering incoming claims questions from agencies, vendors, and enrollees of insurance program.
- Documents all claims actions in appropriate software.
- Mail all required letters and documents to ADPH/providers. Examples: policy change notices, audit reports, seat audit reports
- Schedule and coordinate all RW meetings for staff, ADPH, providers
- Running various reports for claims dept.
- Posting agency check proofs to Sharepoint site
- Assist with ADPH audit site review collection
- Assist with preparations for the Fall APiC Conference
- Assist with preparations for the Spring APiC Conference
- Assist the Education Coordinator with large trainings/meetings as needed
- Troubleshoot reports, assist with presentations, etc.
- Assist in drafting and formatting request letters and emails for providers. (i.e., CQM
- Supply ordering for the Ryan White Department
- Entering pertinent info on the ADPH website calendar
- Assist and track updating staff and provider information list
- Assist CQM in tracking quarterly reports and email reminders for CQM reports
- Protects operations by keeping claims information confidential and in compliance with HIPAA laws.
- Provides back up to claims specialists within the health insurance claims program during with high claim volume, vacations, leave, etc.
- Other administrative job duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Claims experience required.
Experience working with medical claims is preferred.
Experience working in a dental office and/or with dental claims is preferred.
Customer service experience is preferred.
Data entry experience is preferred.
Excellent phone skills are required.
Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
Ability to be meticulous is required.
Minimum is a high school diploma and 2 years of experience in a health insurance claims/medical/dental billing office or an associate degree in accounting/business, healthcare administration or medical assistant certification. Medical, dental claims processing a plus.
Strong customer service skills and experience is preferred. Will be collaborating with a team, so effective communication is necessary. A cooperative, collaborative mindset is required. Attention to detail and a willingness to learn software programs and assist with other projects is needed.
Normal office environment.
Valid Alabama driver’s license, Reliable transportation, Proof of automobile insurance commensurate with State law, Background checks to include but not limited to criminal record and drug screening.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org