United Way has a rich history in helping neighborhoods and communities in Central Alabama. It began as a cooperative action to address our city’s human services problems.
Administrative oversight of the Jefferson County Community Service Fund. Works directly with Jefferson
County Community Service Fund Committee to allocate funding received from Alabama State Legislative
Delegation for improvements to be made within Jefferson County.
- Liaison for the Jefferson County Community Service Committee
- Manage Public Website Portal Content
- Develop Schedule, Send Notifications, Prepare Materials and Attend Committee Meetings
- Maintain Books and Records of the Committee Meetings
- Provide Monthly Financial Updates to Committee
- Monitor Request for Funds from Jefferson County Delegation
- Make Preliminary Determination if Requests are Permissible
- Prepare Correspondence to Fund Requestors and Committee as Necessary
- Ensure Eligible Funds are Expended Timely
- Disburse Checks to Satisfy Approved Expenditures and Authorized Expenses
- Perform such other Duties as Requested by Committee in Furtherance of its Purpose
- Other Duties as Assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Non Profit/Governmental Experience
- Organizational Skills
- Proven Ability to Document Meeting Minutes
- Proven Ability to Work and Interact Professionally with Community Leaders
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Nonprofit Organizations and Social and Economic Structure of the Jefferson County Community.
- Ability to Work Independently and be Self Motivated
- Possess Fiscal Background for Financial Reporting
- Excellent Written and Oral Communications Skills
- Experience with Microsoft Operations and Website Content Management
- Proven Ability to Multi-task with High Attention to Detail
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree preferred (MS, MBA, MPA or related field).
Minimum of 5 years relevant professional work experience. Non Profit Management experience preferred.
Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance is required.
Normal office environment with some travel and occasional overtime required.
JOB POSTING #OP700
If interested in applying for this position, contact Tamara Calvert at email@example.com