Glenwood, Inc. has an opportunity to become a part of our excellent staff as a Food Services Assistant. Glenwood leads the State of Alabama in providing behavioral health care and educational services for children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder and severe emotional disturbances. For more than 40 years, our dedicated staff has played a pivotal role in the services we provide. Join an organization with rewarding jobs, supporting staff to give the best lives possible to the individuals we serve.
Shift: Monday-Friday /8am-4pm
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates support for the organization
- Assists in preparation and service of food according to the menu and supervisor’s instruction
- Performs inventory, food storage, equipment cleaning and related serving and sanitation tasks as assigned
- Observes proper safety precautions in the kitchen and other work areas
- Assist in any kitchen activities as assigned including but not limited to, server, food preparation, clean-up of kitchen, dining area, or any work area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write, follow written instructions, and verbal directions.
- Performs duties in a professional and courteous manner
- Follows written and verbal instructions and communicates effectively with vendors, staff, and individuals served.
- Maintains professional dress and hygiene, suitable for food service work
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Three years’ cooking experience
- 1-2 years experience in food preparation in a large multi-functional commercial kitchen
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to be punctual and in regular attendance
- Must meet all background screens required by the agency, including but not limited to a drug screen, AFI/FBI fingerprint, Child Abuse Neglect Registry, Term Track, Criminal Background, and required driving record.
- Serve Safe Certification-National Restaurant Association preferred or should be obtained within the first 90 days of employment and must be maintained.
Glenwood is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants, without regard to consideration of or discrimination against race, religion, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition or characteristics, genetic information, marital status, citizenship, veteran status or any other classification prohibited by applicable local, State, or Federal laws.