Website United Way of Central Alabama
Responsible for all case management services of assigned clients through the Financial and Housing Counseling program. Develops, coordinates and/or facilitates consumer financial workshops, one-on-one counseling and provides outreach for FHE programs.
- Manages assigned caseload for FHE and/or FSP IDA program and provides quality case management and housing counseling services, including budgets and financial plans to for all participants in the FHE and/or IDA program.
- Conduct assessments to meet all HUD housing counseling requirements.
- Develop plans to help families achieve housing and financial stability
- Connects clients with needed and available community resources
- Follow-up with clients and community resources as appropriate to document use/success of referral
- Refer and schedule clients to for financial education classes
- Input accurate and complete case management documentation for all contacts with clients into database in compliance with HUD guidelines and in accordance with professional and agency standards
- Adheres to program guidelines and prescribed service delivery as identified by funding sources
- Participate in regular staff meetings, training programs, and supervisory sessions
- Adhere to agency policies, procedures and the professional code of ethics
- Organize and facilitate financial workshops.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of an outreach plan to promote services and recruit clients in order to meet program goals.
- Perform a variety of outreach and recruitment activities through direct interaction with residents and community stakeholders
- Participate in Community Initiatives’ Continuous Quality Improvement Plan
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
Case Management and Housing Counseling case management preferred.
Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft and database
Ability to work with a team
Excellent Communication Skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to establish rapport
Bachelor or Master Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or social service related degree with 3+ years experience in case
management preferred. Housing Counseling experience preferred.
Valid Alabama driver’s license
Proof of automobile insurance commensurate with State law
Background checks to include but not limited to criminal record, drug screen, and TB test
Normal office environment with occasional travel