Website United Way of Central Alabama
The Facilities Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing UWCA property and building-related activities including services such as maintaining the buildings and grounds of the organization, overseeing the upkeep of equipment and supplies, determining and scheduling maintenance or repairs, overseeing building contractors and coordinating any required safety inspections. Below is a summary of the key responsibilities of this role, other responsibilities not listed may also be assigned as needed.
Building Facilities Management:
- Oversee all physical building maintenance functions, ensuring UWCA campus is kept clean, orderly, and safe.
- Ensure UWCA campus is fully operational and all utility systems are inspected and in accordance with regulations.
- Monitor UWCA campus buildings’ infrastructures to determine the need for maintenance, repairs, or renovations.
- Schedule and supervise maintenance or repair work.
- Supervise facilities contractors (e.g., janitorial services, landscaping services, HVAC, etc.) to ensure the quality of work and that tasks are performed correctly, effectively & timely.
- Manage and review bids and contracts for facilities contractors.
- Oversee and manage maintenance related Building Helpdesk requests from staff.
- Assist with periodic audits of fixed assets, as necessary.
- Oversee Facilities Operational Manager position and responsibilities associated
Building Compliance & Safety:
- Ensure all relevant processes and compliance programs regarding the physical building, equipment, building security, and safety are met.
- Ensure emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly.
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
- Oversee internal building inspections and coordinate external inspections, as required.
- Assist with managing campus and grounds security.
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management.
- Well-organized with strong verbal communication
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make independent decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple competing
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift to 30 pounds.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- College degree and / or technical degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience in facilities management required.
- Previous experience in maintenance supervision or related field.
- Management experience preferred.