Website Emmet O'Neal Library
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Immediate Supervisor: Office Manager
EXAMPLES OF WORK
· Oversee planning, implementation and evaluation of marketing activities that support library mission and goals. Work with other departments in implementation of activities that further external communications efforts.
· Work with Communications, Programming, and Collection Development Teams to assess library service and program needs of Mountain Brook residents, library patrons and special target groups via formal and informal market research methods.
· Work with Communications team to assure accuracy and relevance of library website.
· Work with Communications team (as needed) to create and oversee the development of marketing materials
· Manage media channels for promotion of the library and its programs.
· Evaluate effectiveness of marketing/communication messages.
· Develop internal communications messages that ensure staff are informed and empowered.
· Coordinate the design, production and distribution of the Annual Report
· Provide marketing and other related training to staff as needed or directed, to enable staff to best represent the Library to patrons and visiting groups.
· Serve as a desktop publishing resource to staff and provide assistance with desktop publishing projects as needed.
· Suggest (pitch) story ideas to various media outlets as warranted. This includes the collection and distribution of support materials and may require the generation of press releases.
· Attendance and participation in applicable community events, such as quarterly Chamber of Commerce luncheons, School Showcase, Citizen Appreciation Day and others, to promote library.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Applicant should possess excellent communication and clerical skills; ability and willingness to give attention to details and to ask questions when unsure; knowledge of business English, spelling and math; ability to understand and follow oral and written directions; knowledge of computer applications including hardware and software related to performance of the essential functions of the job. Must be able to work with minimal instruction and supervision and have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with associates and with the public. Applicant must also be able to handle irate patrons in a diplomatic manner. Essential and marginal functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for standing for prolong periods of time; ability to carry a bag of books and materials, push a book truck with 50 pounds of weight and eye sight ability to read computer screen. Knowledge of general library operations preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or other job-related field. Two to three years of progressive responsible related experience or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Applicant must possess a working knowledge of both PCs and Macs. Preferred applicants must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office products.
HOURS AND SALARY
Position available to work 18 hours biweekly at $25.00 per hour. Position may include working occasional nights and weekends as needed depending on program schedules. Employee may be required to adapt to future schedule changes depending on library needs.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23, 2019. Visit www.eolib.org for application.