EBSCO can be found in a wide range of industries. All together, we are more than 20 diverse companies employing nearly 6000 people worldwide.
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
The Global Knowledge Base (GKB) team, located in Birmingham, AL, is responsible for the maintenance and quality of an extensive database of electronic resources used to power many of EBSCO’s access and discovery products. The mission of an E-Content Analyst is to contribute to building and maintaining a comprehensive, high quality Global Knowledge Base (GKB) focused on customer needs. The E-Content Analyst will establish quality data feeds by building strong relationships with external data partners (e.g. publishers) and ensuring all necessary collections are represented in the Knowledge Base. This individual will analyze and manipulate metadata for inclusion in the GKB and process through proprietary software applications. The analyst will resolve service issues using researching and critical thinking skills, while conducting root cause analysis to identify trends and take action to minimize reoccurring issues. This role also requires communication and collaboration with internal and external customers to resolve issues and document decisions made.
- Perform Global Knowledge Base package maintenance activities meeting the departmental KPIs, by accurately adding new metadata and content, validating the correctness of metadata, and reconcile questionable data.
- Conduct regular analysis of publisher supplied data and content feeds to ensure comprehensiveness, quality, and accuracy of the metadata and communicate the correct requirements to content providers as necessary.
- Communicate and work with content providers to resolve customer service requests, obtain necessary metadata needed to maintain the Global Knowledge Base, and address additional issues as they arise.
- Demonstrate customer focus by timely analysis and resolution of errors and incidents reported by customers.
- Assist with maintaining the department documentation and training manuals, including identifying best practices and championing workflow improvements.
- Participate and contribute in team wide initiatives related to the quality of the GKB as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of continuous office experience in a corporate setting
- 2+ years Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree or experience and/or education in the library field
- Effective verbal and written communication with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment; highly organized
- Knowledgeable of bibliographic metadata standard (e.g. MARC, KBART, ONIX)
- Analytical skills/ Problem Solver: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Applies critical thinking and structured problem solving to address root causes.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communications, including email.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Works effectively with team members and cross functional teams to accomplish individual, team and organization goals.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal waste.
EBSCO has a set of principles that define how we operate culturally. We expect employees to embrace these principles:
- Commit to Sustained Profit Growth
- Have a defined Vision and Operate with a Bias for Action
- Be Customer Focused and Sales Driven
- Understand that Change is Necessary
- Recognize that you can’t manage what you can’t measure
- Foster Creativity and Continuous Improvement
- Insist on Quality
- Do What You Say You Will Do
- Cultivate Passion
- Realize that Business is a Long-Run Game
- Improve the Foundation
- Be Humble
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Database, Real Estate, Technology, Sales