Website Encompass Health
In your role as facilities maintenance director, you’ll have the opportunity to be the connection between your strong professional abilities and the positive results they ultimately help our patients achieve. Apply your outstanding skills and knowledge in a different, more meaningful way. Make the most of your unique combination of talent, passion and ambition with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Ensure that the rehabilitation hospital, satellite clinics and all related building systems are installed/maintained in accordance with Joint Commission standards, as well as local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
• Coordinate/conduct environment of care/safety meetings and potentially serve as safety officer in charge of compliance.
• Coordinate and oversee preventive and corrective maintenance programs per industry standards and equipment manufacturer recommendations.
• Promote and maintain an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
• Ensure that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an ongoing basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or five or more years of experience in hospital maintenance and/or construction experience within a healthcare setting required.
• Five or more years of supervisory experience in healthcare-related plant equipment and systems operations: Chiller, steam boilers, hydraulic systems, building controls, electrical systems and air handlers essential.
• Broad knowledge of TJC, OSHA, EPA, NFPA, and other government, state and local regulatory agency standards required.
• Membership in state of national healthcare engineering association preferred.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.