Website United Way of Central Alabama
The Director of Data and Evaluation will:
- Be the lead staff responsible for the analysis, management, integration, alignment, and reporting of data in the Community Impact department. This includes designing, implementing, and supporting all data planning, management, analysis, visualization, and presentation.
- Serve in a leadership capacity on interdepartmental data
- Facilitate evidenced-based decision making for continuous improvement in the CommunityImpact department and the Bold Goals Coalition of Central
- Provide critical support and education for partner organizations and the community in the planning, implementation, and understanding of data collection and analysis.
- Work closely with internal departments and external partners on multiple initiatives in health, education, and financial stability.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and successfully work with diverse individuals and groups.
- Collaborate with the Director of Agency Relations & Allocations on a communications strategy for data collection and technical assistance with UWCA partner agencies.
Planning and Organizing
- Plans for the collection, analysis, and reporting of data to measure the effectiveness of UWCA’s Community Impact and Bold Goals Coalition of Central Alabama work, including project level performance measures and community-wide indicators.
- Embraces and facilitates change through provision of timely and meaningful information and data for evidence-based decision making and continuous improvement.
- Plans and develops effective processes and systems to monitor execution, collection, and reporting of data.
- Applies critical thinking and problem-solving skills and demonstrates the ability to address and overcome complex issues to achieve desired results.
- Maintains knowledge of community data
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Agency Relations & Allocations to clearly communicate outcome measurement changes to partner agencies annually.
Data Management and Analysis
- Leads the coordination of data collection and management, including data compilation from partner and internal and external sources.
- Manages data quality assurance
- Reports and shares data on a regular basis with partners, community stakeholders, donors, and the UWCA Senior Management team in formats that appeal to and accommodate the needs of various audiences.
Fund Distribution & Stewardship:
- Become proficient in the use of the Community Impact grant management system used for annual grant applications & reporting.
- Support the preparation for ongoing grant review cycles managed in the Community Impact department.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Develops and cultivates relationships with community stakeholders, including data and researchprofessionals in education, business, faith-based, nonprofit, philanthropic and civic sectors.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with key partners to develop an integrated community accountability system that incorporates data across multiple areas.
- Serves as lead liaison between UWCA’s Community Impact department and external
Other duties as assigned
- Staff Visiting Allocation Teams as
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of B.A. degree; Master’s Degree in Social Services or Applied Statistics
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work
- Strong knowledge and expertise managing data systems and
- Strong data analysis and visualization skills and Expert skill with Excel and other data programs, including analytical software. Experience with ANDAR, Community Force, and ESRI are a plus.
- Experience with data systems integration strongly
- Experience with education and social services data, including external data sources, strongly
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written), including ability to communicatedata concepts with multiple audiences in a culturally competent
- Demonstrated ability to create processes and systems, identify and initiate continuous
- Demonstrated experience in project facilitation and
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, mission-driven
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of
- Evidence of organizational ability and ability to successfully complete assigned
- Excellent technology skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com