Many Businesses. One Company.
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
•Develop, test, maintain, extend software components to ensure quality and facilitate rapid, reliable deployment of new features for a wide range of EBSCO products, using Agile processes
•Daily coordination of development and QA activities with cross-functional team
•Collaborate with the Agile team and product owners to develop high-quality solutions
•Author well-engineered solutions using test-first/test-driven methodologies
•Author and review test plans, test cases and scripts to ensure adequate coverage based on requirements
•Contribute to the architecture and design decisions for the product(s)
•Participate in the design and development of development infrastructure and tools for the team
•Automate unit and integration tests to achieve high automated test coverage
•Assess and incorporate new tools to aid with the development and testing process
•Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team
•Contribute to the team’s ability to make and deliver on their commitments
•Contribute to the definition and inspection of quality gates within the build and deployment pipeline
•Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
•Focus on quality throughout the development process.
•Focus on continuous improvement.
•Analytical skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
•Desire to Make an Impact
•Eager to Understand
• Provide expertise on system architecture, design, implementation, testing, delivery, and operation of premium online Resource Management and Access products
• Work directly with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirement into simple stories for planning and execution.
• Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories can be accomplished in an iteration.
• Be the technical leader for product features, responsible for ensuring that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle.
• Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
• Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
• Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
• Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability.
• Live the principles behind the Agile Manifesto and SAFe framework in all interactions.
• 3+ years of professional development experience using C# or Java.
• 3+ years of professional web development experience using .NET or Java Application Servers.
• 3+ years of experience in large systems software design and development with hands on experience in RESTful Web Services, HTML, XML/JSON, HTTP, SSL.
• 3+ years of experience with Web Services lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy), API versioning and design approaches, tools, inter-operability, and SOA concepts.
• 1 year Responsive Web Design experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
• Hands on experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
• Hands on experience with Netflix OSS.
• Hands on experience with Microservices.
• Hands on experience developing, delivering, and supporting publicly facing web applications.
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices.
• Experience with user interface and graphic design.
• Demonstrated success delivering projects using HTML/CSS.
• Experience in client product development.
• Demonstrated ability to lead or drive a project with sound technical and design skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, including an ability to look forward and anticipate problems and assess risk.
• Excellent mentoring skills and the desire to contribute to efforts beyond the scope of the day-to-day project work.
• Advocate of unit testing, automation and test-driven development.
• Detailed understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.ebscoind.com/job/Birmingham-Developer-Developer-AL-35242/448765100/ →