Website Encompass Health
Desktop Service Technician I provides general Tier II desktop and peripheral support via phone, deskside and on equipment that has been shipped in for repair. This position performs troubleshooting on technical problems submitted electronically and works each issue to a proper resolution. This position communicates with end users throughout the company in both written and verbal form, participates in the on call rotation and assists with project level tasks. This position is required to follow documented support procedures, in determining and documenting resolutions.
License or Certification:
– Valid state driver’s license
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
– Associates Degree or Undergraduate degree recommended
– 1-3 years of experience in an IT support capacity
– Technical certification (A+, HDI, Pertinent Windows Certs)
– Executing standard troubleshooting procedures
– Providing support services to end users
– Tracking and reporting defects and issues
– Documenting issues and resolutions
– Troubleshooting basic IT infrastructure and application components
Familiar with regulatory compliance:
– Privacy and Security
Desktop Services Technician I will have experience in one or more of the following:
– Medium complexity applications.
– Desktop hardware and software support.
-Troubleshoot PCs (both laptop, desktops and tablets)
– Customer Service
– Telephone, fax and other networked equipment.
Machines, Equipment Used:
– General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
– Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
– Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner
– Ability to communicate effectively in both writing and verbal arenas as well as via email.
– Ability to work independently without supervision.
– Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment
– Handicapped accessibility
– May work under stressful circumstances at times
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
– May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines
– May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts
– Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e. before, during or after a disaster
– May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives
– Regular attendance and reporting on time to work is a requirement of position
– May be required to travel
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242