Read Time 2 Minutes
David Baker Architects (DBA) is looking for an ambitious, organized and talented individual to join our growing Birmingham team. DBA is a socially oriented architecture and urban planning firm, nationally recognized for creating thoughtful housing, commercial spaces, and urban environments that allow communities to thrive. Since 2016, our Birmingham studio has led our growth in the Southeast. The studio manager position manages day-to-day studio operations, supports our Birmingham-based principal Amanda Loper, and contributes to marketing, communications and administrative initiatives led by our San Francisco-based team.
If you have 2-3 years of office experience, a gift for organizing things and people, and a can-do spirit, then this could be the role for you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Executive support:
- Assist with managing schedule and communications
- Prioritize incoming emails and phone calls
- Coordinate travel
- Marketing and Communications:
- Interface with marketing and communications leads
- Manage contact databases
- Assist with presentations and proposals
- Management operations:
- Organize events
- Scheduling and support for meetings
- Coordinating services with outside consultants and vendors
- Order supplies and run errands
- Handle correspondence and records
- Interface with finance and operations leads
- 2-3 years of office administration experience
- Strong organization skills
- Strong written and spoken communications
- Ability to effectively manage diverse assignments
- Comfort with office technology, including Google Workspace programs is an advantage
- Team spirit and grace under pressure
- An interest in architecture, community development, and cities
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
Our offices are extremely collaborative – project teams may include individuals from any office. At the moment, the majority of our employees are still working remotely. We are transitioning into a hybrid in-person / remote work model, as public health guidelines allow, however, this position is based in Birmingham, Alabama.
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including 10 paid holidays as well as 15 days of paid leave; a 401(k) program; a profit-sharing plan; transit incentives; and 100%-paid individual medical coverage.
No phone calls. Please send a digital submission via email following these directions:
- Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: DBA Studio Manager 2021
- Attention: Bryant Rice
- Attachment: Please combine the following documents into a single PDF formatted to print on 8.5 x 11 paper (landscape or portrait).
- File name: LastName_FirstName_Studio Manager_Date.pdf
- Cover letter. Please include your interest in working at DBA, your motivation for pursuing a career in architecture, and the answer to this question: Do you now, or will you in the future, need employer sponsorship in order to have work authorization?
- Select work samples, if desired (including examples of software used, presentations created)
Please, no recruiters. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our firm.