EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
- Inspiring the communications team to stretch beyond the status quo, focus on creative excellence, and seek continuous improvement in product, process, and people.
- Managing and cultivating the career development of creative team members, including a junior designer, art director, and senior art director.
- Translating communication objectives and marketing objectives into concise creative strategies and clearly expressed deliverables.
- Working with the Director of Communications to
- manage the creative process from concept to completion, meeting objectives, budgets and deadlines effectively.
- determine the appropriate freelance resources when required.
- Leading and directing the creative team in the production of all communications collateral.
- Reviewing work, troubleshooting, and providing constructive feedback to guide creative teams.
- Working collaboratively with the Vice President of Communications and Director of Communications to support each Service Center’s objectives: Corp IT, HR, Accounting, Finance, Legal, Operations: Lean-ops, Logistics, Administrative Services
- Meeting with Service Center leaders and teams to present campaign strategies and solutions.
- Ensuring visual communication and brand standards are established and delivered against.
- Working collaboratively with Business Units on special projects.
- Leading the hiring and training of creative team members.
- Writing and collaboratively developing all communication materials, including: communication campaigns, long-form articles, emails, social media posts, intranet posts, ads, video scripts, power-point presentations, websites, mobile apps.
- Being a customer advocate for a variety of unique customers within our diverse group of businesses.
- Interpreting insights from research information and providing strategic thought leadership around action items.
- 10+ years of experience as a writer in an advertising or PR agency, or communications department.
- 7+ years of experience in managing and leading teams.
- 3+ years of senior leadership experience
- Keen understanding of the creative process
- Innovative and strategic thinker
- Positive attitude and drive
- Student of your craft
- Humble leader with team-building talent
- Beyond excellent written skills. Strong verbal communication. Mind-reading skills a bonus.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ebscoind.com.