At Regions, the Corporate Communications Public Relations Administrator plays a vital role in maximizing the strategic effectiveness of corporate-level and local-market external communications. The role will plan and execute media and public relations strategies while serving as a key point of contact for local, national, industry and trade-related media outlets. Internally, the role will serve as a strategic advisor for company representatives and business leaders while crafting accurate, highly strategic, and relatable messaging that raises Regions’ brand awareness, enhances and defends the company’s reputation, and further distinguishes the company’s brand. The role will include opportunities to create powerful brand journalism through narrative storytelling, impactful announcements, visual elements, and social media messaging sharing Regions’ story with internal and external audiences.
- Navigates complex and urgent communications needs with speed and accuracy, advising internal colleagues on effective strategies and producing strategic deliverables
- Generates productive relationships with local, national, industry and trade media
- Serves as a spokesperson for Regions and secures opportunities for the company’s subject-matter experts to contribute to external media and owned media channels
- Effectively executes media and public relations campaigns at the local and/or corporate levels
- Serves as an advisor to business group partners and community partners on effective public and media relations activities
- Builds relationships with local-market and corporate-level leaders, resulting in effective public relations and brand journalism
- Consistently writes accurate, strategic, and effective messaging, announcements, and articles on a wide range of topics consistent with Regions’ business objectives
- Crafts news announcements reflecting Regions’ initiatives and community involvement
- Strategically manages reactive media needs on a variety of topics, including emergencies, natural disasters, crisis situations, and other timely issues
- Contributes to Regions’ company news site “Doing More Today”
- Supports Corporate Communications programs, day-to-day activities, and longer-term priorities established through regular collaboration with several groups including, but not limited to: Community Affairs, Government Affairs, Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, Private Wealth Management, Investor Relations, Legal, and local market-based executives
- Serves as a go-to resource for colleagues planning long-term initiatives and responding to deadline-driven communication needs
- Proactively brings ideas and strategies to the table for the clear communication of detailed initiatives
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Five (5) years of communications experience in a media or corporate environment, or for a public relations agency or nonprofit organization
- Occasional travel required
- Financial services and/or banking experience in media and/or public relations
- Experience in crisis communications
- Experience communicating complex topics in effective and intuitive ways
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to produce strategic public relations materials that inform and engage audiences, often on tight deadlines and with minimal required editing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that requires creative thinking and strict attention to detail
- Ability to work independently while executing a broad range of traditional (e.g. media relations, events) and emerging (e.g. social media, brand journalism) communication strategies at a local level
- Advanced ability to successfully manage all aspects of public relations projects and activities from concept to completion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time-management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Strong verbal, written communication, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
This position will work a hybrid schedule with a combination of in-office and remote work.
Regions offers a benefits package that is flexible, comprehensive and recognizes that “one size does not fit all” for associates. Listed below is a synopsis of the benefits offered by Regions for informational purposes, which is not intended to be a complete summary of plan terms and conditions.
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- 401K with Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Associate Volunteer Program
Please note, benefits and plans may be changed, amended, or terminated with respect to all or any class of associate at any time. To learn more about Regions’ benefits, please click or copy the link below to your browser.
Regions Center – Birmingham
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit careers.regions.com.