Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
Interested in looking outside of public accounting? Ready to move your career into an exciting and challenging in-house role? If so, EBSCO Industries may be the place for you. We are currently seeking an experienced Corporate Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting team that is dynamic and driven with a growth mindset. This Accountant will be responsible for corporate accounting, GAAP compliance, budgeting assistance, and ERP support and configuration for EBSCO’s diverse array of businesses. The Corporate Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager and will be based at EBSCO’s International Headquarters campus in Birmingham.
The selected candidate in this position will be responsible for various aspects of corporate accounting, GAAP compliance, budgeting assistance, and ERP support and configuration at EBSCO’s International Headquarters and will interact closely with business units and accounting teams. The environment will be fast paced and team oriented.
- GAAP compliance and support
- Analysis, auditing and review of Business Unit financial statements
- Assisting Business Units during the Accounting close process
- ERP system support and configuration
- Maintaining and reviewing internal controls, ensuring accurate presentation of financial statements, and safeguarding company assets
- Assisting with special projects and analysis
- BS in Accounting, Masters in accounting preferred
- 3+ years accounting experience
- 3+ years of proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- CMA, CPA, MAC,
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet strict deadlines.
- Strict attention to detail, highly organized, and efficient
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel proficiency
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with business acumen
- Provide recommendations for improvements and efficiencies in all aspects of accounting
- Ability to perform both high level and detailed root cause analysis
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented with a strong comprehension of account relationships and reconciliations
- Experience in working with ERP Systems a plus
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: ERP, Compliance, Real Estate, Technology, Legal, Sales