Website United Way of Central Alabama
United Way of Central Alabama, Inc. is looking for a creative and enthusiastic Content Writer to join our Marketing and Communications team. The ideal candidate will have experience in creative writing for various outreach and promotional channels.
- · Research related sources (combining online source, interviews and studies) to accurately describe needs in our community
- · Write clear copy to promote our programs, services and agencies
- · Prepare well-structured drafts using various Content Management Systems like WordPress and SalesForce Marketing Cloud
- · Write, proofread and edit content as required
- · Submit work to Subject Matter Experts and editors for input and approval
- · Willingly provide and receive feedback from various stakeholders to determine direction/tone
- · Effectively attend to details and manage time to ensure that deadlines are met
- · Create and edit content for each channel; e.g. social media, email, print or web
- · Update United Way websites as needed
Knowledge & Skills
- · College degree related to Marketing, Communications or Journalism is preferred
- · Must have a portfolio that demonstrates strong abilities and writing skills
- · Must writes clearly and informatively with high attention to detail
- · Can perform despite the occasional tight deadline
Please attach samples of original work with a resume and/or links to a current online portfolio. Resumes submitted without examples will not be considered.
Bachelor’s degree required and experience in copywriting.
- Valid Alabama driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Proof of automobile insurance commensurate with State law
- Background checks to include but not limited to criminal record, drug screen
Please attach samples of original work with a resume and/or links to a current online portfolio. Resumes submitted without examples will not be considered