United Way has a rich history in helping neighborhoods and communities in Central Alabama. It began as a cooperative action to address our city’s human services problems.
Responds to inquiries and requests for assistance with the organization’s computer systems or PC’s. Identifies problems, troubleshoots and provides advice as needed.
- Internal Customer Support for applications, web forms, Windows and Mac systems
- Resolve helpdesk service request with minimal direction
- Engage necessary support resources when needed, both internal and external to resolve problems
- Install and support software, peripheral devices, and PC’s bot desktop and laptops
- Maintain and update a work log on all open tickets daily. Communicate those updates as necessary on progress and status
- Assist with data cabling and termination
- Coordinate projects with Network Administrator
- Continue to enhance knowledge and skills pertaining to the network and company (hardware and software)
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS and MS Office products
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations, especially when dealing with demanding customers and/or upper management
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to use discretion and confidentiality with access to sensitive data and local administrative access to all desktop equipment and data in the environment for the purpose of support
- Ability to adapt and learn new software and technologies quickly
- Ability to lift computer equipment, including monitors and printers, which may weigh up to 60 lbs
- MCP or MCSE preferred
High school education or equivalent required. Technical training and/or college degree preferred.
College degree, or Associate degree and 3 years related work experience, or equivalent non-degree training and 5 years related work experience required
Normal office hours with some but minimal overtime requirements; flexibility a must.
Dress is business casual (exceptions when job requires)
Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance
JOB POSTING # OP703
If interested in applying for this position, contact Tamara Calvert at email@example.com.