United Way has a rich history in helping neighborhoods and communities in Central Alabama. It began as a cooperative action to address our city’s human services problems.
Provide programmatic and administrative coordination and support for the Senior VP Initiatives. Works closely with the program activities with the department to ensure effective and efficient operation and maintains a professional and cooperative working relationship with other departments within the department and the community.
- Administrative and budget support
- Database development, maintenance and management
- Assist in planning, managing and coordination major departmental meetings
- Administrative support to Vice President, Community Initiatives
- Represent Community Initiatives at committee meeting
- Coordinate and assist appropriate program staff, timely submission of funding requests and reports including financial, program and narrative information as required by funding source for each project
- Assist in planning, coordination and management of Departmental Staff meetings and departmental level committees. Maintain committee rosters, make meeting arrangements, send out notices, prepare agendas, handouts, minutes and related documents
- Schedule appointment, coordinate, maintain and update calendar for the Senior VP Initiatives
- Prepare and create presentations, letters and reports for Senior VP Initiatives
- Liaison with VOAD’s. Represent Community Initiatives at committee meetings and community planning activities
- Take minutes, transcribe and prepare accurate departmental documents needed for UWCA Committee and Board meetings
- Help coordinate, prepare and arrange group meetings called by the Senior VP Initiatives
- Coordinate, review and manage Continuous Quality Improvements Plan for CI department with the director of Grants Management.
- Coordinate, review and oversee all departmental certifications and accreditations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to prioritize, effectively organizes time, multitask and work under pressure.
- Excellent program management, organizational skills are essential
- Substantial computer experience with Microsoft operations and ability to integrate specialized management databases
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proof reading
- Be self directed with ability to make judgments and function independently
- Sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information
- Consistently exhibits professional conduct, highly customer service oriented, typing at least 50 wpm
- Proven ability to work in a team based environmen
Education & Experience
Masters Degree preferred (MSW, MBA, MPA, MPH or related). Minimum five years relevant professional work experience. Management/Supervisory experience preferred.
Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of automobile insurance.