United Way has a rich history in helping neighborhoods and communities in Central Alabama. It began as a cooperative action to address our city’s human services problems.
Responsible for all grant writing and management activities including writing, reporting, monitoring and researching new grant opportunities.
- Assist in writing, compiling, and submitting grant proposals for all CI programs.
- Assist program and fiscal staff to design data capturing and reporting functions required per funding source
- Collaborates with program directors to establish timeline for each grant with benchmarks to include outputs, outcomes, matching funds, anticipated budget expenditures, etc.
- Maintain an understanding of grant funding sources to include funder awards, program data measurements, fiscal and reporting requirements. Research funder regulations as needed.
- Research data and best practices for grant proposal development
- Maintain Grant HUB database including funding awards, reporting deadlines and history of submitted reports
- Review and help reconcile financial and program data as required by funding source or United Way.
- Ensure that funding source reports are reviewed and routed internally for formal review and submitted to funding source on a timely basis.
- Coordinates and facilitates quarterly participation in Community Initiatives’ Continuous Quality Improvement Plan
Knowledge & Skills
Experience with federally and non-federally funded community service programs; Procurement and grants management experience; Excellent program management and organizational skills; Excellent computer experience with Microsoft operations and ability to integrate specialized management databases; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Proven ability to multi-task with high attention to detail and data/report accuracy; Proven ability to work in a team-based environment.
Master’s degree in MS, MA, MBA, MPA, or related degree
Minimum three years relevant professional work experience with grant writing experience.
Valid Alabama driver’s license
Proof of automobile insurance commensurate with State law
Background checks to include but not limited to criminal record, drug screen, and TB test
Normal office environment with occasional overtime and travel throughout the state