Read Time 2 Minutes
Website United Way of Central Alabama
The Bold Goals Community Engagement Coordinator will provide support to the VP of Bold Goals in developing strategies for improving community involvement and enhancing partner engagement in the Bold Goals Coalition. This position will primarily provide administrative support for the management of active coalitions in the areas of health and education, while also working to expand community involvement in the development and implementation of the Coalition’s work. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to communicate and successfully work with diverse individuals and groups.
Coalition Convening and Management:
- Organizes group meetings both in person and virtually for existing Coalition networks.
- Convenes and organizes new networks as need dictates.
- Supports key volunteers in facilitating meetings and driving groups toward action in keeping with the Coalition’s agenda.
- Coordinates Coalition network meetings, including scheduling, taking meeting notes, preparing meeting materials, developing presentations, and managing follow-up tasks.
- Works with Data and Evaluation Manager to use data to pinpoint specific geographic and demographic targets for future work with a view toward increasing the equity and inclusion of the Coalition’s work.
- Develops and implements strategies to gather community input and build community leadership to advance the Coalition’s work in target communities.
- Works to manage and deepen established partnerships, including United Way agencies, United Way grantees, school districts and Coalition members.
- Builds new partnerships and acts as a liaison for the Coalition and United Way within target communities.
- Supports efforts to communicate the Coalition’s priorities and work through website updates, blog postings and social media channels.
- Develops appropriate messaging and communications strategies within targeted communities.
- Coordinates efforts to ensure Coalition members understand the ongoing work and impact of network efforts and have opportunities to engage in the work as appropriate.
Other duties as assigned:
- Staff Visiting Allocation Teams as assigned.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of community partners, UWCA volunteer leadership, and internally across
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail necessary to manage various administrative aspects of Coalition convening and management.
- Positive and collaborative attitude to all facets of the work
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team required.
- Encourages a cooperative working relationship with United Way Departments, other United Ways, United Way Worldwide, partners, community members and Coalition organizations.
- Demonstrates the highest level of behavior in accordance with United Way of Central Alabama policies and Code of Ethics.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with community stakeholders, including individuals in education, business, faith-based, nonprofit, philanthropic, and civic
- Demonstrated ability to work with key partners both internally and externally for mutually shared interests and
- Successful experience in group facilitation, volunteer management and community problem solving.
- Eagerness to learn about and grow community knowledge of United Way and partner agencies.
- Ability to organize and supervise collaborative efforts involving multiple organizations and individuals.
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Previous administrative experience
- Experience with the social services field strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create processes and systems, identify and initiate continuous
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, mission-driven
- Evidence of organizational ability and ability to successfully complete assigned
- Excellent technology skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience in community planning, communication, volunteer management, marketing or project management preferred, but not required.
Current remote work environment, with plans to return to a normal office work environment in accordance with health and safety guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some travel and occasional overtime required.