Read Time 3 Minutes
Website United Way of Central Alabama
Position Summary: The Community Data Coordinator will be the primary support for the Data and Evaluation Manager and the VP of Allocations & Grants in the review, analysis, integration, and reporting of data in the Community Impact department. This includes support for data planning, analysis, visualization, and presentation. A critical piece of the position is supporting efforts to review, organize, and analyze grant reported data and synthesize it for use in community planning and communication purposes. The Community Data Coordinator will work closely with internal departments and external partners on multiple initiatives to communicate results. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to communicate and successfully work with diverse individuals and groups.
Fund Distribution and Stewardship:
- Become proficient in the use of the Community Force grant management
- Support ongoing grant review cycles managed in the Community Impact department by scoring submitted proposals and making recommendations for
- Supporting the VP of Allocations and Grants and the Data and Evaluation Manager, assist in the execution of a strategy for engaging partner agencies in the outcome measurement implementation and new grant management
- Act as a liaison to all organizations and partners funded by the UWCA. Devote time and energy to cultivating thriving, productive relationships with all community partners of the
- Assist in the development of partner agency and grantee site visit plan to increase collaboration and visibility with UWCA funded agencies in the UWCA
- Provide technical assistance to agencies needing guidance in the reporting of programmatic objectives
- Educate volunteers and staff in the review and understanding of program evaluation
- Strive to create reporting efficiencies (reduce paperwork, encourage use of technology, )
Data and Evaluation:
- Work collaboratively with the Data and Evaluation Manager to clearly communicate the new outcomes measurement changes to partner agencies and quarterly reporting responsibilities for 2022.
- Supports the planning for the collection, analysis, and reporting of data to measure the effectiveness of UWCA’s Community Impact and Bold Goals Coalition of Central Alabama work, including project level performance measures and community-wide indicators.
- Supports the Data and Evaluation Manager in planning and developing effective processes and systems to monitor execution, collection, and reporting of data.
- Maintain a knowledge of community data
- Supports data collection and analysis, including data compilation from partner agencies and internal and external sources.
- Assists in data quality assurance processes.
- Supports the Data and Evaluation Manager in reporting and sharing data on a regular basis with partners, community stakeholders, donors, and the UWCA Senior Management team in formats that appeal to and accommodate the needs of various
- Within his/her purview, ensure operations meet the expectations of volunteers and
- As assigned, assist in the preparation of pertinent materials and presentations for allocations and grants meetings including but not limited the Community Impact and Executive Committees of the United Way Board of
Other duties as assigned
- Staff Visiting Allocation Teams as assigned.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and skills:
- Ability to adapt well to rapid change in technology and apply new systems to the advancement of the department
- Positive and collaborative attitude to all facets of the work required.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team required.
- Encourages a cooperative working relationship with United Way Departments, other United Ways, United Way of America, partners, and community
- Demonstrates the highest level of behavior in accordance with United Way of Central Alabama policies and Code of Ethics.
- Performs other duties as requested by the VP of Allocations &
- Assists in the development and cultivation of relationships with community stakeholders, including data and research professionals in education, business, faith-based, nonprofit, philanthropic, and civic sectors.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with key partners to develop an integrated community accountability system that incorporates data across multiple areas.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Strong knowledge and expertise managing data systems and
- Strong data analysis and visualization skills and Expert skill with Excel and other data programs, including analytical software.
- Experience with data systems integration strongly
- Experience with education and social services data, including external data sources, strongly
- Demonstrated ability to create processes and systems, identify and initiate continuous
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, mission-driven
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of
- Evidence of organizational ability and ability to successfully complete assigned projects.
- Excellent technology skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Community Force grant management system preferred, but not